Menu of Jillian’s CEC Workshop Topics
Are you interested in furthering your Pilates Education, earning Continuing Education Credits (CECs), or hosting a Virtual or In-Person Workshop with Jillian? Below is a comprehensive list of topics that she teaches. For further information on booking a CEC workshop, please contact Jillian.
- Pilates for Scoliosis and Asymmetrical Bodies: Focus on creating modified versions of Classic Pilates exercises, and the use of props and imagery, both on and off the apparatus, for individuals with postural and/or structural asymmetries, whether caused by poor posture, injury, chronic conditions, or scoliosis.
- The Legacy of Carola Trier: Gain knowledge and insight into the legacy of work passed onto Carola Trier directly from Joseph Pilates. Learn signature innovations and specialty exercises that Carola added into her own program. TAKE THE ONLINE COURSE with Jillian through The Pilates Center today! 5 CECs/$125
- Cadillac Techniques: Jillian Hessel is highly respected for her work on this multi-faceted apparatus. Explore the versatility of the Cadillac from basic exercises to advanced acrobatic and dance-inspired movements.
- Fabulous Feet!: Learn essential exercises to strengthen the structural integrity of the feet, including Joe Pilates’ Foot Corrector and Toe Exerciser and other small props. Learn how to integrate correct use of feet onto the larger Pilates apparatus.
- Learning from Three Masters: Featuring the work of Jillian’s three principal mentors: Kathleen Stanford Grant, Carola S. Trier, and Ron Fletcher.
- Pilates for the Mature Client: Special focus on developing Pilates-based programs for clients age 50+.
- The Wonderful Wunda Chair: Joe Pilates originally designed the Chair as a standalone workout to be done in the home. Learn archival and modern updates from a vast repertoire of exercises.
- Pilates—Truly, Madly, Deeply!: A workshop featuring Jillian’s signature Posture Analysis, her B.E.A.M. Fundamentals; and Pilates Mat exercises.
- Vertical Pilates: Everyone needs to do standing exercises. It’s how we get around in life! We need to adjust to uneven ground surfaces, stepping on and off curbsides, rising from sitting to standing, getting in and out of a car, and of course walking, hopping, skipping, running, and jumping. Weight transfer from one foot to another is a basic facet of ambulation. Explore how Pilates can train us for life!
- Reform Your Matwork!: The Matwork, whether standing, seated, supine, or prone, should prepare us for the moving platform on the Reformer. Discover Jillian’s unique approach to using Matwork as a preparation for Reformer Work.
- The Pilates Arc and Spine Corrector: The unique curved surface of the Spine Corrector and Pilates Arc make it possible to work the body at every possible angle you can imagine. Explore the versatility of these apparatuses, both as a standalone tool, or in combination with the Reformer and Cadillac!
- Pilates: What It Is, What It Does: This class is based on Carola Trier’s beloved children’s book, Exercise, What It Is, What It Does, published in 1982. Jillian worked for Carola during the time in which she wrote her book, now out of print. Progress through Carola’s book, page by page, and learn easy, fun-to-do exercises at home, with and without props.
- Auxiliary Play—A Workshop to Spice Up Your Teaching!: In this fun, informative, and original one-day workshop, you will learn: new routines on the Ped-O-Pul, Gondola Pole (Long Pole), and Mat series originally taught by Kathy Grant, as well as Magic Circle moves (including a standing and seated chair workout) and High Barrel specialty exercises.
- The Upper Quarter—A Neck, Shoulder Girdle, and Thoracic Spine Workshop: Due to the repetitive stress and relative inactivity of modern life, many Pilates clients have upper quarter issues. Explore many different exercise modalities, both on and off Classic Pilates equipment, to address this common problem.
- Keeping the Flame Mentoring Intensive Retreat: KTF consists of three Levels of Instruction Modules. Each Module is 3 days in duration, 6 hours per day (18 CECs Total over 3 days for each Module). This is a unique opportunity to experience in-depth training in a small group setting with a Master Pilates Instructor, in your own space! Jillian may be booked to teach any module, in any order. However, if you have never worked with Jillian before, it is highly recommended to start with Module I. Please contact the Studio for more details & descriptions of each Module.
NOTE: The Workshops listed above may all be customized to fit specific time constraints, size of venue, number of attendees, etc. Jillian is always open to designing a new Workshop to fit your specific needs/requests! ALL workshops are available for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) via the NPCP program (formerly PMA). For further information on booking a CEC workshop, please contact Jillian